What Do YOU Feel About This Blog?

19 August, 2012

Heaven's Grocery Store......


As I was walking
down life's highway
many years ago,

I came upon a
sign that read,

Heaven’s Grocery Store..

When I got a
little closer,

The doors swung
open wide.

And when I came
to myself,

I was standing
inside..

I saw a host of
angels,

They were
standing everywhere.

One handed me a
basket,

And said “My
child shop with care..”

Everything a human needed
was in that grocery store,

And what you could not carry
you could come back for more.

First I got some Patience,
Love was in that same row.

Further down was Understanding,
you need that everywhere you go.

I got a box or two of Wisdom,
and Faith a bag or two.

And Charity of course,
I would need some of that too..

I couldn't miss The Holy Ghost
it was all over the place,

And then some Strength and Courage
to help me run this race.

My basket was getting full,
but I remembered I needed Grace.

And then I chose Salvation,
for Salvation was for free.

I tried to get enough of that to do,
for you and me..

Then I started to the counter
to pay my grocery bill,

For I thought I had everything
to do the Masters will.

As I went up the aisle
I saw Prayer and put that in,

For I knew when I stepped outside
I would run into Sin.

Peace and Joy were plentiful
the last things on the shelf,

Song and Praise were hanging near
so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the Angel
“Now how much do I owe?”

He smiled and said,
“Just take them everywhere you go.”

Again I asked “Really now, how much do I owe?'

“My child”, he said,
“God paid your bill a long long time ago.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and views will surely guide me.....