26 December, 2012
How Wealthy Are You.....
In this, oh so materialistic world we live in, we are inclined to think of wealth in terms of only one thing i.e money. Sure, it's probably the form of wealth that most people recognize the easiest and want the most. But is it, really so?
Let’s test your concept of wealth. Would you rather have USD 2,000,000 and an aggressive cancer with six months to live, or no money but the option of a long and healthy life? It’s a bit of a no-brainer.
Keeping that in view, you may consider the following seven types of wealth. When you consider them, you might find that you're far wealthier than you realize!
1. Physical Wealth. The first form of wealth is your physical health (and this includes your mental health). If you cannot get out of bed, it’s not much fun having millions and not being able to enjoy them. If you want to become truly wealthy, go for physical wealth first as that will give you the means to start acquiring other forms of wealth.
2. Relational Wealth. We were not meant to live in the forests alone. That's why we are lonely when we are disconnected from family, friends and society. Again, money means very little when you have no-one special to share it with. We know people who are fabulously wealthy but who are miserably unhappy because their relationships with parents, partners, children, siblings or friends have disintegrated. Strive to build up your relational wealth and you will never be lonely.
3. Spiritual Wealth. This refers to your values and the development of your spirit the essence of who you are - through prayer, meditation or contemplation. Many people focus on external (material) wealth and never discover internal wealth. They consequently never discover who they really are and die in poverty in that regard. When you find yourself, you find the wealth that was put into you for success in this life.
4. Meaning Wealth. This wealth is built by discovering and developing your reason for being on the planet. This is the only way your life will truly have any meaning. At the end of your life, if you feel your life has had no purpose, you will feel deep regret that your life has been of no value.
5. Memories Wealth. As we get older, we are able to build this wealth. Everybody has memories, but not everybody has happy memories of their childhood, of their partners, of their children, of their careers. This is one wealth you cannot build at the end of your life. You have to build it now by creating the memories you want to carry with you for the rest of your life. When you live for others now, you will build a wealth of happy memories that will make you a wealthy person as you age.
6. Opportunities Wealth. Some get many opportunities by luck, some get very few opportunities, and some create their own opportunities. Some take the few opportunities they get and turn them into something wonderful. Many get given opportunities which they fail to recognize and never seize them. It’s up to you what you do with the many or few opportunities life gives you. The way to build Opportunities wealth is to learn to recognize opportunities that come your way, no matter how small they may be, then use them to create magic.
7. Financial Wealth. This wealth is the easiest to spot, but not necessarily the easiest to acquire. There is no get rich scheme that is really sustainable. Set yourself financial goals, then work toward achieving them and you will be able to build wealth in this area.
Wealth is the ability to fully experience Life!
So go ahead and experience Life in the best possible forms. You have the choice to be as wealthy as you want to be!
I am an Army Officer, who is now re-attired as a Corporate Warrior, and having interest in varied fields from IT to Arts, and Photography to Blogging. I have an inherent inclination for motivation training and personal inspiration. Being an admirer and staunch supporter of human values and humanity, I am always on lookout for means which can help society at large. I am also an extremely passionate Direct Selling Professional and vociferously promote the concept of Time and Financial Freedom. I can be reached by filling the contact form.