08 April, 2009
How To Stay Young
This 10 Point Formula, reiterated by Pratim through his e-mail, though well known and practical, is practised by very few of us. Still, it makes sense to write it down and have a look at it at regular frequency, as some aspects will surely get imbibed, sooner or later.
1. Throw out non essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'
2. Keep only cheerful friends.. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen.. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity..
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER : Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!
I am an Army Officer, who is now re-attired as a Corporate Warrior, and having interest in varied fields from IT to Arts, and Photography to Blogging. I have an inherent inclination for motivation training and personal inspiration. Being an admirer and staunch supporter of human values and humanity, I am always on lookout for means which can help society at large. I am also an extremely passionate Direct Selling Professional and vociferously promote the concept of Time and Financial Freedom. I can be reached by filling the contact form.